Sunday, December 2, 2012

Mint / Gold - gift wrapping ideas

I've recently been loving this gorgeous colour combo of mint and gold. Its so fresh and bright but with a sparkly touch of glamour and decadence.

Pics; Lee Ann Thorton; via Tumblr; via Tumblr

Pics: Sonofasailor/Etsy; The Classy issue; Georgica Pond; upintheairsomewhere/Etsy; Spanishangels/ Etsy
As we are well and truly in the festive swing of things right now, I thought it might be nice to try using this colour scheme in my gift wrapping, so started gathering up bits and bobs to inspire me, and I put together some moodboard ideas of my own....


Pics: Patchwork Harmony
I decided that being the thrifty one that I am, that I would try and bring a little bit of nature into my wrapping theme, and picked up a bottle of gold spray paint for £1.69, and went to the park to collect a bag of leaves! Below is the result; its so easy to do, and I think it looks really effective....

Pics: Patchwork Harmony
I then simply added a leaf to parcel like this.  You can either just tape it on, or you could put a stitch in it to make it neater and more secure. You could also use a rubber stamp to add the initial or name of the gift recipient. I LOVE this pom pom ribbon which I got from ImagineDIY.

Pics: Patchwork Harmony
My pom pom obsession continues, and I decided to make some wool pom poms following the video I linked to in my recent post on 10 ideas for pom poms.  They are so quick, easy and cheap to make and look really cute attached on a gift like this...


Pics: Patchwork Harmony
What do you think of this colour combo? Are you a fan? And these ideas are not just for Christmas gift wrapping - they could be used any time of the year!

Find more pics from these gift wrapping projects over on my Flickr page (in case you want to pin individual images) and look out for another leaf Christmas decoration DIY coming soon!

Picture research assistant: Hannah Bishop View Hannah's Pinterest!

8 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous, the mint and gold colour combo is really refreshing and sophisticated, love the Pom Pom idea! Wonderful mood boards, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is lovely! I was loving the mint colours combined with rose over the summer, but this is a nice way of a making mint look festive for Christmas too.

    Toad & Feather

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all of these gift wrap ideas! Mint and gold is one of my favorite color combos right now too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! And there are definitely worse obsessions than a pom pom one. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous - a mellower, and prettier, version of that other great combo: black and gold

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great colour combo. Definitely like and feminine but still grown up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bit of a late comment but loved this blog and tried it at home. Result - some great looking pom poms! Off to buy some spray paint next ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh fab Juno & Tess! Never too late to comment!! Making pom poms is slightly addictive right?! ;) I'm planning to spray paint some jars & doilies this weekend too!! ;)

      Delete

Pin It button on image hover