Sunday, June 8, 2014

A bloggers nightmare

So this morning I discovered I've done something really really stupid. It literally makes me want to burst into tears with embarrassment of my stupidity and also the nightmare I now I have to sort out.

Print Club
Last week, Google was telling me my account was running out of space and I needed to delete stuff from either Gmail, Google Drive or Google pics. The easiest and quickest way to me seemed to be to delete images from my Google pics (Picasa) folders.

I know, I know *facepalm*.

This is why all my blog images have disappeared. When I was doing it, I did wonder about my blog, and checked it as I went along, but everything looked fine at the time... perhaps it take a day or two to update, as on opening my blog this morning, it is a complete mess, with the majority of my images missing...

At the minute I'm in a state of despair as it's the last thing I need right now, with trying to finish my work before our baby is due in less 5 weeks, and I honestly just feel like deleting my blog completely...

I was planning on moving my blog away from Blogger anyway, and now wish I'd done it earlier. If anyone's got any ideas of what I can do other than sit and go through every single post and try to reinstate images...? Or perhaps I use this as I sign to leave Blogger now, set up a new blog and add only my fave archive posts to it?!

I can't believe years of work have disappeared like this, and I've only got myself to blame... :(

7 comments:

  1. Oh no, just remember there are more important things to think about right now, but I understand your upset. Hope you can get it all back x

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it's less than 60 days, and you have google plus enabled, you might find them here
    https://plus.google.com/photos/trash

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no Caroline, that's so awful :( You poor thing x I would take time to just have a think about it, and yes maybe start a new one, I was thinking of moving to wrodpress.org x I feel your pain, but try not to worry at the moment, enjoy your little bundle and the time coming up and it will all sort it self out xxx Lots of love x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no Caroline, how awful :(. I really hope someone is able to help with a solution x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, that's awful! I feel the despair you must be in, so sorry Caroline.

    I'm not a computer geek, but I'll call a friend who might know something and hopefully she'll find a way to undone it.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry to read this, and how annoying! Can Google help? They may have backup, although getting hold of anyone might be tricky.

    If this happened to me I would start again. I remember when Yvestown deleted all her old content as a way to move forward with a clean slate.

    Anyway, good luck. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no :( I've done something similar before but thankfully it only affected a handful of posts! So sorry to hear this though- how frustrating! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover